Airport in Somalia

It expanded into Somalia

To work with Chinese partners in Somalia for an upgrade building & construction and modernization of its airport

Project Size (USD in million)

Capacity (in thousand people)


negotiated since

The upgrade and modernization of the airport has broad prospects for development. According to its geographical location, the airport can grow. There has been the opportunity for the development of the necessary infrastructure of the airport.

The project aims to repair, convert, and upgrade the existing airport infrastructure such as runways, aprons, terminals and connecting roads so as to improve its operation level in an all-round manner.

The project has been structured with Import Export Bank of China for under the consideration of 85% being financed by the bank with the country risk to be covered by Sinosure. The remaining of 15% had been arranged by Heritage group with the support from the government of Somalia.